GMH@Harvard has two planned events on-campus for the 2018/2019 calendar year.
Tuesday, October 23, 2018: GMH@Harvard Showcase & Film Screening
The GlobalMentalHealth@Harvard Initiative is excited to invite students, faculty, organizations, programs, and departments to share their work on global mental health in Boston, the US or abroad at our showcase event during Harvard Worldwide Week! Our goal is to encourage new collaborations across the university; introduce students and trainees to the diverse global mental health work at Harvard; and showcase the incredible interdisciplinary work being done throughout our community. We have a range of participants presenting from non-profit organizations and artists, to research labs across Harvard schools. Join us for a night of networking and celebrating each other's work! Please RSVP here.
Participating groups include:
- Global Initiative for Neuropsychiatric Genetics Education in Research (GINGER)
- Partners in Health
- Laboratory for Youth Mental Health
- Harvard Students in Mental Health Research
- Refugee trauma and resilience center
- MGH Chester Pierce MD Division of Global Psychiatry
- Lee Kum Sheung Center for Health and Happiness
- Rachel Tine Photography
- Mental Health Legal Advisors Committee
- Professor Byron Good – Medical Anthropology in Asian Societies
Film Screening: 6:00-8:00pm G1, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Following the showcase networking event we will be screening parts of the documentaries and hosting the filmmakers for a panel discussion:
- "Still We Rise" by Molly Knight Raskin
- “Sadness in Comedy: Unfounded Stereotype, or Something More?" by John Ball
Any questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
April 13, 2019: GMH@Harvard Open Day
- Save the date for a talk by Patrick Kennedy followed by Ted-style 15 minute presentations of the latest findings from Harvard researchers and practitioners.
See below for other mental health events in the Harvard community. Interested in posting an event? Email us at GMH_Admin@hms.harvard.edu.
Culture, Psychiatry and Global Mental Health - Friday Morning Seminars
Harvard Program in Medical Anthropology
Fridays 10:00-11:50am, William James Hall 1550
- October 26th: Hans Pols - University of Sydney
- November 2nd: Noha Sadek - Brown University
- November 9th: Kimberly Sue - Harm Reduction Coalition, NYC
- November 30th: Sylvie Schuster - University Hospital, Basel Switzerland
- December 7th: Warwick Anderson - University of Sydney
November 16-17, 2018: Race, Racism and Mental Health
- Harvard Law School
- More information here
- A two day conference with the goal of generating a discussion about the everyday impact of racism on the lives of people of color and how we as a profession and as professionals will address it. We draw on both “the usual suspects” and cutting-edge thinkers/researchers to generate conversations through presentations, panels and break-out groups involving three major themes: Mental Illness Outside the White Paradigm; Impact of Racism on Mental Health; and Race, Mental Illness and the Justice System. Co-sponsored by the Mental Health Legal Advisors Committee.