APPLICATION NOW OPEN! 2023- 2024 Harvard LEAD Fellowship for Promoting Women in Global Health
To support the continued development of women leaders in global health, the Harvard Global Health Institute and the Department of Global Health and Population at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health offer a 1-year fellowship designed to advance leadership skills in individuals from low- and middle-income countries. We are excited to announce that the 2023-2024 LEAD Fellowship application is now open!
LEAD FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
The 2023-2024 LEAD Fellowship program will consist of a 12-month virtual curriculum with a 4-week in-person experience in April 2024. Throughout their fellowship year, fellows will engage in 1:1 leadership coaching, speaking events, mentorship, executive education courses, leadership workshops, team-building opportunities, and networking.
Harvard LEAD Fellows have the autonomy to build their own custom leadership development curriculums. They are connected to world-class faculty and senior mentors who offer instruction and guidance aligned with fellows’ specific interests and goals. LEAD fellows also engage in tailored leadership training programs as a cohort and are offered opportunities for speaking, networking, and independent project work. Each year, fellows graduate from the program having built a network of peers and mentors across Harvard University. The fellowship experience specifically aims to offer global health leaders this time to reflect, connect, and explore uncharted territories.
The 2023 – 2024 cohort of LEAD fellows will join a close-knit community of former fellows from around the world. To date, fellows have come from 12 different countries with representation from Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and South America. Their areas of expertise span research, advocacy, administration, and policy. You can learn more about our current and past fellows here.
We welcome applicants from all continents, regions, disciplines, sectors, and gender identities. Candidates nominate themselves by applying for the fellowship.
- Applicants must work full-time in the field of global health and have at least 15 years of professional experience beyond their education. Global health related work completed as a university student does not count as professional experience.
- Applicants must have substantial leadership experience and demonstrate further potential.
- Applicants must have the support of their employer and a champion in their organization who serves as an internal mentor.
- Applicants must take a leave of absence (or equivalent) from their home institution during their in-residence experience for 4 weeks total in April 2024.
- Applicants must be able to obtain a J-1 visa for travel to the United States in April 2024 and must be available to reside in Cambridge, MA for four weeks. NOTE: Visa fees, housing, and flights will be covered by the fellowship and a living stipend will be provided for the time in-residence.
- In the two years prior to their fellowship at Harvard, candidates may NOT have participated in any full-time fellowship that lasted 4 months or longer.
All application materials are due by 5PM EST, Friday, March 10, 2023
Applicants will be notified in May 2023 if selected for this position. The fellowship will run from September 1, 2023 to August 31, 2024.
We look forward to reviewing your application. If you have questions about the fellowship program, please contact Olivia Mulvey, Fellowships Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org For more information on eligibility requirements and FAQs please visit the LEAD Fellowship page of the HGHI website.