- This event has passed.
Lancet-World Psychiatric Association Commission on Depression – Official Launch Webinar
February 16, 2022 @ 7:00 am - 8:30 am
The Lancet-World Psychiatric Association Commission: time for united action on depression is set to be the most comprehensive report on depression to date.
By aligning knowledge about depression from many fields, the Lancet-World Psychiatric Association Commission on depression has synthesised evidence from diverse contexts and generated action-oriented recommendations for a variety of stakeholders: communities and those affected by depression and their families; clinicians and public health practitioners; researchers who work to understand and address depression; and policy makers and financiers of health care.
Join The Lancet’s Richard Horton and Miriam Lewis Sabin for the launch of this Commission where Commission co-Chairs will present the key messages and invited speakers representing these stakeholders will discuss and reflect on the significance and implementation of these recommendations. The session will conclude with a Q&A session with the co-Chairs.
• Afzal Javed, President, World Psychiatric Association (WPA)
• Helen Herrman, Chair, The Lancet-WPA Commission on Depression
• Vikram Patel, Chair, The Lancet-WPA Commission on Depression
• Christian Kieling, Co-Chair, The Lancet-WPA Commission on Depression
• Opeyemi Lawal, Director, Asido Foundation for Mental Health
• Vivek H. Murthy, U.S. Surgeon General
• Soumya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist, World Health Organization
• Anna Stavdal, President, World Organization of Family Doctors (WONCA)