- This event has passed.
Women and the Global Health Workforce: Driving Action for Health and Gender Equity
Monday, October 10 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
From Bamako to Bogota, Bangalore to Boston, women are the majority of healthcare providers worldwide, yet underrepresented in leadership in science and medicine. Join the Harvard Global Health Institute and the Women and Health Initiative of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health for a symposium to discuss women’s roles within the health system and the transformation possible – leading to gender equality on the path towards health for all.
4:00pm – 4:05pm – Introductory Remarks
- Ana Langer, Professor of the Practice of Public Health; Coordinator, The Dean’s Special Initiative on Women and Health, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
4:05pm – 4:30pm – Keynote Address
- Patricia Garcia, Former Minister of Health of Peru; Menschel Senior Leadership Fellow, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health; Research Professor, School of Public Health, Cayetano Heredia University (UPCH)
4:30pm – 5:45pm – Panel Discussion
- Lori Adelman, Director of Youth Engagement, Women Deliver
- Jessica Cohen, Bruce A. Beal, Robert L. Beal, & Alexander S. Beal Associate Professor of Global Health. Department of Global Health and Population, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Nancy Street, Julia and Harold Plotnick Professor of Global Nursing, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth College of Engineering
- Kathy Rexrode, Associate Physician, Departments of Preventive Medicine & General Internal Medicine, Brigham & Women’s Hospital; Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Moderator: Ashish Jha, Dean for Global Strategy & K.T. Li Professor of Global Health, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health; Faculty Director, Harvard Global Health Institute
Ingrid Katz, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Associate Physician, Department of Medicine, Brigham & Women’s Hospital; Research Scientist, Center for Global Health, Massachusetts General Hospital; Associate Faculty Director, Harvard Global Health Institute