We welcome applicants from all continents, regions, disciplines, sectors, genders and gender identities. Candidates nominate themselves by applying for the fellowship. There are no age limits or academic prerequisites.
The 2023 – 2024 LEAD Fellowship Application is NOW OPEN!
All application materials are due by 5PM EST, Friday, March 10, 2023
Applicants will be notified in May 2023 if selected for this position. The fellowship will run from September 1, 2023 to August 31, 2024.
- Applicants must work full-time in the field of global health and have at least 15 years of professional experience. Global health related work completed as a university student does not count as professional experience.
- Applicants must have demonstrated leadership experience
- Applicants must have the full support of their employer and a champion in their organization who serves as an internal mentor.
- Applicants must take a leave of absence (or equivalent) from their home institution during their in-residence experience for 1 month in April 2024.
- Applicants must be able to obtain a J-1 visa for travel to the United States in April 2024 and must be able to reside in Cambridge, MA. NOTE: Visa fees, housing, and flights will be covered under the fellowship and a living stipend will be provided for the 4 weeks in residence.
- During the two years prior to arrival at Harvard, the fellows should not have participated in a full-time fellowship that lasted 4 months or longer.
View 2021-22 fellow Bridget Msolomba Malewezi’s video series for a more detailed guide through the application process: