We welcome applicants from all continents, regions, disciplines, sectors, genders and gender identities. Candidates nominate themselves by applying for the fellowship. There are no age limits or academic prerequisites.
- Applicants must work full-time in the field of global health and have at least 15 years of professional experience. Global-health related work completed as a university student does not count as professional experience.
- Applicants must have demonstrated leadership experience.
- Applicants must have the full support of their employer and a champion in their organization who serves as an internal mentor.
- Applicants must take a leave of absence (or equivalent) from their home institution during the spring full curriculum semester.
- Applicants must be able to obtain a J-1 visa for travel to the United States in spring 2023, and must be able to reside in Cambridge, MA from January – May 2023. Visas, housing, and flights will be covered under the fellowship and a living stipend will be provided for the months in residence.
- During the two years prior to arrival at Harvard, the fellows should not have participated in a full-time fellowship that lasted 4 months or longer.
View 2021-22 fellow Bridget Msolomba Malewezi’s video series for a more detailed guide through the application process: